Let's find your perfect diamond. We've got your back.
[Updated 28 March 2018]
You want this engagement ring to look amazing. So do we.
We only good good when you look GREAT, and that's why we’re obsessed with optimising every single aspect of your engagement ring, to ensure it visually outperforms rings from any other jeweller at this price-point.
Systematically optimising your R30 000 budget with our Optimisation Method will take you much further than you ever imagined. Certain specification combinations just offer superior value, without compromising the visual appeal of the diamond.
Here are some pointers, but feel free to scroll down to the list of recommended diamonds.
- Diamond colours I-J-K still appear white, and offer tremendous value. Blue fluorescence is your friend since it can increase the perceived colour of your diamond by up to one full grade.
- Clarity; Its as simple as ensuring there are no visible flaws in your diamond when viewed with the naked eye. To be safe, don’t drop clarity below the SI1-grade. Some lower clarities can still be eye-clean, be sure to see the diamond in person.
- Cut: Don’t compromise on the quality of the craftsmanship when you’re looking for your ideal diamond. The cut should be “Excellent” or “Very Good”. Cut is, and will always be, the most important C. The fire, scintillation, sparkle and life are all determined by the cut grade.
- Settings/Designs: with halos increase the perceived size of the centre diamond.
- Cushion cuts are very well priced, and offer the most sparkle of any shape. You can actually get a nice 1,00ct cushion cut in this price bracket. My wife’s ring boasts a very nice cushion cut… they’re stunning.
When you start shopping around, please make Poggenpoel your first stop. You’ll save yourself a ton of time… and money. No jeweller can match the effort and commitment we put into every single aspect of our rings - and you’ll catch that vibe in our studios (Pretoria and Rosebank).
I have some awesome deals for you below. Take a look, and if you have questions - we’re here to help. Don’t hesitate for a second to reach out, whether you’re buying within the next few weeks or in 12 month’s time.
Currently these are my top picks in the up to R30 000 range;
|Shape||Weight||Color||Clarity||LAB||Cert #||Status||Price Incl.|
*Diamonds are only removed from list once invoiced. If a diamond is placed on hold for 48h it will still appear in this list. Should you be interested in a diamond that is currently on hold or on its way to be invoiced we will do our best to find a substitute diamond at the same price. *All prices include VAT - as they should.
If you're looking for something very specific please reach out. You'll be amazed at the quality of the options we can source for you internationally. Here's more information on our Special Order process.
Recommended further reading:
- 11 Ways To Ensure You're Buying A High Quality Diamond (Including Checklist).
- The Ultimate 1 Page Diamond Buying Guide.
- The Price Of A 1,00ct Diamond In South Africa (2018 Update).
- How It's Made: Luxury Diamond Engagement Rings.
- Market Report: There’s Never Been a Better Time To Buy a Platinum Engagement Ring. (Q4 '17)
- What To Expect During Your Poggenpoel Studio Visit.
Feel free to browse the other budget brackets;
Questions? Email me directly on email@example.com